The school's Governors are a group of volunteers whose main role is to promote ongoing improvements in standards throughout the school. This includes monitoring and gathering evidence to show what progress has been made towards strategic priorities, implementation of policies, and evaluation of results. It does not involve making day-to-day decisions about the running of the school. Many of our responsibilities carry a statutory requirement. For example, we are obliged by law to monitor and agree to the annual budget.
The work of governance is carried out by two main subcommittees, the Performance and Standards Committee and the Resources Committee, each of which meets at least once a term. Each committee has specific responsibilities carried out on behalf of the full Governing Body (see terms of reference documents below). There are also appeals committees, convened if and when the need arises. Governors may sit on more than one committee. Please see the Committee Attendance documents below for details of which Governors have attended committee meetings.
In addition to the Head teacher, Sarah Skillern, the present governing body is constituted as follows:
- Two parent governors; Su Harrison, Neil King
- One LA governor; Glenda Preece
- One staff governor; Danielle Hunt
- Two Foundation governors; appointed by St Andrews Isleham Parochial Church Council (Annette May) and Chippenham St Margaret’s Parochial Church Council (Esther McVee) plus ex-officio governor Revd David Cleugh.
- Five co-opted governors; Fiona Borley, Lucy Bird, Lisa Denis, Richard Radcliffe, Stuart Haggett.
For additional details please see the 'Governor Further Information' document below.